Information presented on this web page is intended for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to be taken as legal, financial, investment or tax advice. We do not accept any responsibility for any trading or investment related losses. Please review our disclaimer on before taking action based upon anything you read or see.
How to deposit a check online at Bank of America? You, like most Americans, are probably always on the move. With your day already jam-packed with events and commitments, the last thing you need to add to your to-do list is a visit to the bank.
Even if you want to post or cash your checks as soon as possible, finding time to do so might be challenging — and unpleasant.
That’s when knowing how to deposit a bank of America check online comes in helpful. Firms such as Bank of America are not required to be open, and you do not need to break in. There’s no need to hustle to go to the bank before it closes or to go to lunch.
You may now deposit your check at any time and on any day using mobile deposits. Come along as we examine the ins and outs of depositing checks online with Bank of America.
Is it Safe to use Bank of America’s Online Check Deposit?
You can save time by processing your paychecks with Bank of America electronically, no matter where you are or what moment it is. Once you can transfer a check with your cellphone, why go through the financial institution?
Just take pictures as needed for verification and then send them off. This may save you time while allowing you to cross something off your to-do list.
This digital transaction is sometimes referred to as “remote deposit capture” in the banking sector. Not only is this a basic procedure, but it is also secure. Even so, it would help if you always made sure the banking software you’re using to create a mobile check deposit is from a trusted source.
Otherwise, you put yourself at risk of being a victim of identity theft. Typically, you can find instructions to your bank’s app directly on their website.
How to Deposit Check Online Bank of America
Customers of Bank of America may now deposit checks online instead of going to the bank. They must first download the mobile app from the App Store and wait for it to load. This makes it simple to contribute money to your account from any device that has a camera. When you hit your monthly deposit limit, the mobile app alerts you.
Keep in mind: Check deposits made before the end of the business day’s cut-off hour usually are accessible the next business day. Time zones are commonly used to determine cut-off timings. It’s also possible that money will not be available right away, especially if it’s a new account.
Personal check deposits from a new account, on the other hand, are generally accessible by the fifth business day after your deposit. The first $225 of your deposited cash, on the other hand, will be accessible to you the following working day.
However, the first $5,525 of each day’s deposits are accessible before the second business day for certified or cashier’s checks, teller, travelers, or government checks. On the fifth business day following the deposit, the remaining monies become accessible.
Steps to Deposit Check Online Bank of America
There are many steps to depositing a check online with Bank of America. Come along as we explore them.
Step A: Register for a Bank of America mobile banking account.
For Android & Apple smartphones, Bank of America has a mobile payment system. As a consequence, you may utilize banking apps and send payments from your cellphone with ease.
Nevertheless, you should first register for internet banking to get your mobile payment login details before creating a Bank of America Mobile chequing account. Follow these instructions to sign up for online banking:
- First, open your computer’s browser.
- To get begin, go to the Bank of America Internet Banking Registration page.
- If you have a Bank of America credit card, choose “I have a Bank of America Credit Card” and input the information.
- After that, choose the bank account.
- Select “I have a Bank of America Credit Card” and then enter the number if you have one.
- Then, on the following screen, enter your ZIP code and select “Continue Enrollment.”
- Enter your Bank of America card details, accompanied by your PIN, if required.
- Submit your social security number’s last four digits.
- Finally, input your email address twice.
- Click “Agree” to accept the License Agreement and Digital Communications Disclaimer.
- Next, choose “Continue Enrollment” from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a phrase for the picture labeled “Site Key” by clicking on it.
- To finish the procedure, click the “Continue Enrollment” option.
Therefore you must hesitate for your online registration to be confirmed by email. It normally takes several hours for the letter to come. The institution will mail you the login details you’ll need to set up a mobile bank card.
Step B: Set up your account with Bank of America Mobile Banking.
If you’ve received your username and password, you may set up your Bank of America mobile banking account by following the steps below:
- First, go to the Google or Apple App Store and download the Bank of America Mobile Banking app.
- Launch the app on your phone when the download is finished.
- Finally, type in your username/online ID and password.
- Finally, select “Sign In,” and your online banking account will be active.
STEP C: How to deposit a check online bank of America
You may deposit checks online at any time and from anywhere if you have a Bank of America online banking account. Following the procedures below will make paying a check a breeze:
- First, log into your account by opening the application on your phone.
- Go to the menu and choose “Deposit Checks.”
- Next, choose the account you wish to post the check.
- Using your phone’s camera, take a photo of the whole check.
- Photograph the whole backside of your approved check.
- Sign the check and write “for posting only at Bank of America” underneath your signature on the reverse of the check.
- Fill up the deposit amount.
- Once you’ve double-checked everything, click the posting button to finish the procedure.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to deposit a check using Bank of America’s website?
Yes. You may deposit a check into Bank of America online using the steps outlined above.
If I have a problem with my online deposit, how can I contact Bank of America?
Bank of America is dedicated to providing its customers with the best possible financial service. If you have any issues with your mobile deposit, you may quickly contact customer service for assistance. You can accomplish this in the following ways:
- Customer Service at Bank of America: 800-432-1000
- Outside of the United States: 1-315-724-4022
- Call 800-288-4408 if you are deaf or hard of hearing.
What kinds of checks does the bank of America accept for online check deposits?
Bank of America only accepts checks written in US currency from a US financial institution. Mobile deposit is available at Bank of America for the following kinds of checks:
- Cashier’s checks
- Checks for business
- Checks from the government or the Treasury
- Receipts of cashier’s checks
What happens if there’s an issue with a mobile deposit?
If there is a problem with the deposited check, such as insufficient money or possible fraud, you will get an email instructing you to bring the check to a financial center to be resolved.
Is there a fee for using Bank of America’s online check deposit service?
No. There are no extra costs associated with utilizing Bank of America’s Mobile Check Deposit service.
How long does it take to deposit a check online with Bank of America?
The time it takes to make a bank of America mobile deposit is determined by the timing position where you created your account. This is in addition to the deposit’s kind and the date you made it. If you deposit a check before the close of business on a working day, the money will be accessible the next working day. For instance —
- Checks deposited before 8:00 p.m. CT will be accessible the next business day.
- If you post a check after 8:00 p.m. CT, it will be accessible by the second working day prior to the deposit.
- If the check is deposited on Christmas Day, the cash will be available 48 hours later.
In exceptional circumstances, according to Bank of America’s Deposit Contract and Disclosure, money access may be delayed. If there really is a delay in liquid financials, you will be notified.
In this case, the first $225 of the cash deposits will be available to you the next business day. If you have a second account, nevertheless, you will have some restrictions.
During the first thirty days of your second account, personal check transactions will be available on the fifth working day. The very first $5,525 of each day’s contribution will be available by the end of the second workday if you submit certification or cashier’s payments, as well as banker, tourist, or government handouts.
In conclusion, online check deposits come with various merits for customers of Bank of America. And if you need more help in this regard, the tips on how to deposit check online at the bank of America will aid you immensely.
I am Lavinia by name, and a financial expert with a degree in finance from the University of Chicago. In my blog, I help people to educate by making wise choices regarding personal investment, basic banking, credit and debit card, business education, real estate, insurance, expenditures, etc.